DLS offers a number of accessories that will assist in troubleshooting, testing, integrating, installing, and maintaining your MIDS terminal.
- Flight Line/Forward Area Support Equipment
- Intermediate Level Support Equipment
- Interface Simulator Support Equipment
- Power and Cooling
- Custom Cable Sets and Diagnostic and Simulation Software Packages
Flight Line/Forward Area Support Equipment
The Multifunction Integrated Test System (MITS) is the latest addition to our DLS Link 16 Support Equipment product line.
This system utilizes the latest generation ruggedized tablet computer with a color flat screen monitor - allowing the user to verify operational terminal status on or off the aircraft.
The pen based tablet computer is easily hand held (9” x 12.5” x 3”, 5 lbs) and is ruggedized for flight line operation. Operating temperature range is -40˚ C to +70˚ C and the computer is sealed against rain and dust.
- Terminal Software Loader/Verifier
- Network File Loader
- Terminal Control/Monitor/Diagnostics
- BIT Analysis
- Windows XP on Tablet computer
- Loads/Verifies core, I/O and MSG software
- Provides two levels of status displays
- Exercises Built-In-Test and interprets results for field maintainers
- Accesses MIDS diagnostic data for troubleshooting in back-shop
- Can read and write terminal data per the Air Force specified standard format
- Interfaces with support ports
- SSPK is hosted in user’s laptop PC, where other Link-16 software tools may exist
- User-friendly graphical interface with self-contained help
Intermediate Level Support Equipment
The recently introduced Mobile Integration & Test Environment (MITE™) system can provide a Line Replacement Unit (LRU) test capability with fault isolation to the Shop Replacement Unit (SRU) module. MITE identifies the faulty SRU which is then replaced and returned to the Depot for repair. The terminal LRU is then retested under a Repair Verification Test Procedure ensuring that the terminal is ready for service.
Two Person Lift
Displays: Dual 17" SXGA
Temp: 10°C to +30°C
Well Suited for Use in Hangars, Maintenance Bays
In addition to the return-to-service capability, the MITE can provide:
- Real time Terminal status and performance monitoring
- Terminal initialization and control
- Visibility into Terminal operation via the 1553 bus or Support Port
- BIT initiation and monitoring
- Access to software maintenance parameters
- Reprogramming of Terminal Software Programs (maintenance updates)
- Rapid data recording for post-test analysis
- Enhanced troubleshooting
- Recording and analysis of Terminal data
- Situational display and scenario generation
- Transmit and receive of TADIL-J messages
- Windows-based user interface
Interface Simulator Support Equipment
Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS) Interface Simulator (IS)
- The MIDS interface simulator (MIS) is the primary integration tool used by European platform integrators. It is a mature design with more than thirty systems deployed.
- The MIS is capable of generating and evaluating scenarios in either of two operational modes.
- In terminal simulation mode, the MIS controls the operational flight program hosted on commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware. The MIS may also host these programs on MIDS SRUs (flight hardware).
- In network simulation mode, the commercial hardware operates as a host platform while providing for the mounting, cooling and power provisions of a MIDS terminal.
- Whatever mode of operation is selected, the testing effort will be maximized as a result of the integration of the MIS and the operational flight hardware and software.
Power and Cooling
The Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS) Cooling Tray provides cooling air and mounting provisions for a MIDS and Remote Power Supply (RPS). The cooling tray is designed to provide the ambient forced cooling air required by the MIDS and Remote Power Supply (RPS). The tray is manufactured out of sturdy aluminium. Guide rails and positioning pins are used to properly situate the MIDS and RPS units into the cooling rack.
This ensures accurate alignment of the cooling tray airflow ports to the airflow inlets on the MIDS and RPS. Front hold downs are provided to secure the units; two for the MIDS and one for the RPS.
Height: 9.74” 24.74 cm
Width: 13.82” 35.10 cm
Depth: 25.00” 63.50 cm
Weight (approx.): 20 lbs
(excluding MIDS LVT and RPS)
25 lbs (w/ 19” rack mount adapter plate)
Electrical input: 115/120 VAC 50/60 Hz
Power: 50/60 H 230/240 VAC 50/60 Hz 50/60 Hz
Available Customer Support / Warranty Provided
This unit is rack mountable in a standard 19” wide rack configuration. Adapter plates can be provided to meet existing mounting patterns. The cooling tray unit is designed to operate when supplied with 115/120 VAC 60 Hz power (standard U.S. operation). A second version of the cooling tray will operate when supplied with 230/240 VAC 50 Hz power (European/Asian operation).