DLS has the capability to provide different levels of support to meet individual customer needs. D-level support and I-level support are listed below.
As an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), DLS has the capability and authorization to provide Depot Level (D-Level) support and services.
D-Level allows for troubleshooting and repair of Shop Replaceable Units (SRUs):
- Isolation of unserviceable components within the SRU
- Replacement of components within the SRU
- Test and verification of SRU functionality
- Test and verification of LRU functionality
D-level repairs are mandated to be performed in the United States by the OEM.
D-Level support facilities are located in:
- Wayne, New Jersey - DLS East
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa - DLS West
These two D-level Repair facilities provide vital support to U.S. and Coalition warfighters around the world for:
- Component level repair of SRU’s
- SRU level testing, and
- Terminal (LRU) level testing.
In addition to the above services, DLS’ D-level Repair Facility offers:
- Product improvement
- Sustainment Engineering
- Supply Chain management
- Integration Support
- Maintenance training
- Telephone support
Our European repair facility customers can expect significantly reduced Repair Turn-Around-Time (TAT) which will result in operational and maintenance savings without the burden of a terminal transportation plan back to the United States. DLS will work with each of our customers to determine the level of support desired and tailor a Support Program for their requirements that will include adequate SRU spare requirements, any terminal training requirements and the necessary contract and transportation vehicles.
Current I-Level Facilities
I-Level support facilities, located in Heidelberg, Germany, can support maintenance for any MIDS LVT terminals.
Additional services available through the Heidelberg facility include:
- Field Service Engineering support
- Integration support
- Engineering support
Advantages of the Heidelberg Regional Service Center
- Faster fault identification screening
- Faster return of repairs to customers
- Reduced investment in terminal (LRU) spares
- Ease of transportation
- Central location for many European countries
- No duty restrictions within EU and cooperating countries
Note: I-Level repairs performed at the Heidelberg facility will require formal third party approval from the U.S. Department of State. See below for additional information on the approval process.
Heidelberg Documentation Requirements
There is required documentation (third party approval) that needs to be completed prior to each Country utilizing Heidelberg. DLS has examples of every required document and will assist each Country through the process. Required documentation is outlined below:
- Contract and Statement of Work (SOW)
- Transportation plan and cover letter
- MIDS IPO Notification
- U.S. Department of State Documents
- End User Assurance (EUA) Letters
- Provide examples of all documentation
- Prepare the necessary information within each document, to the extend DLS has the information (Country ultimately responsible for accuracy of all documentation)
- Coordinate all face-to-face meetings and communication with the Country and respective agencies involved
- Assist the Country with what documentation can be done concurrently versus step functions
Future I-Level Facilities
Future I-Level support facilities will be located in:
- Saudi Arabia
- Waddington Royal Air Force Base, United Kingdom
Note: Support facilities not located in MIDS member nations are only authorized to repair that country’s terminals.