Link 16 Products
Link 16 is a standardized communications link for the transmission and exchange of real time tactical data among network participants (also known as TADIL J) and uses Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) to provide multiple, simultaneous communication paths through different nets.Link 16 is the standard by which other systems are measured for airborne situational awareness. In fact, Link 16 has been credited by the U.S. Air Force as being a significant factor in saving lives in Afghanistan due to increased situational awareness provided by the system.
Compared to other communications link waveforms, Link 16:
- improves security
- improves jam resistance
- improves situational awareness
- increases data throughput
- increases capacity of information exchanged
- provides secure voice capability, relative navigation capability, and precise participant location and identification
Link 16 operates over-the-air in the L band portion (969 – 1206 MHz) of the UHF spectrum (excluding the 1030/1090 frequencies as these are used for IFF).
DLS has provided Link 16 terminals for 40 different platforms in 30 different countries plus various NATO organizations with product offerings that include:
- Multi-functional Information Distribution System (MIDS)
- Joint Tactical Information Distribution System (JTIDS) Class 2 family
- URC-138 Link 16 terminal
- Ancillary equipment
- Global Service and Support
DLS is also a leader in migrating MIDS technology to the Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS).